09: Online Tools and Strategies to Build Your Network Marketing Business
In todays episode I’m going to give you an overview of the tools and strategies that I use to build my network marketing business online. Taking our business online was one of the best things Seantay and I did to start attracting more customers and leaders to us. It’s also just a ton of fun to have people reaching out to YOU to learn about what you have to offer, instead of always being the one inviting people to take a look. =) So let’s dig in!..
**Announcement: If the idea of building your network marketing business online gets you excited I want to invite you to tune in to our LIVE webinar series. In these trainings (at least 2 per month) we take you behind the scenes into our business to show you what ads are converting, how to set up funnels, build social media followings etc… CLICK HERE to get notified of our next live webinar training!
***Disclaimer – I think it’s important to emphasize that I can’t guarantee that you are going to magically get the same results as me as you build your business online. You too will need to put in the time to learn and implement the things I share. AND I actually don’t believe that the online world is meant for everyone. Basically I think there are three categories of people.
1) People that should stop reading this right now… – I think there are a few people out there who will just feel way too overwhelmed with the idea of building their mlm online at all. These people should focus on the traditional offline strategies and building their empire using their companies traditional system. You can absolutely build an empire without ever building a social media following, funnel or website (despite what all those hype driven marketers trying to sell you their products tell you).
2) People that should use the internet for team engagement and social media growth – This is the category i think most people fall into! I think most people should at least learn how to master a social media platform or two and create a personal brand website. Even if the intention is not to primarily recruit online, there are some powerful things you can do to increase customer knowledge, drive customer loyalty and to establish yourself as an authority to attract new customers or builders to you.
3) People that should take the time to learn true online marketing skills – I think there are a lot of people in this category as well. These are people who should focus a lot of their building efforts online! I think it’s definitely overly discouraged by many uplines and companies out there and you will benefit enormously by diving into the world of internet marketing. People are spending more and more time on their phones and computers searching questions that YOU have the answers to. Why not help them out and build your business by adding value online?
Some of our results building online over the last 6 months.
I can’t honestly tell you that we have personally recruited thousands of people into our network marketing business using these online strategies and tools. That is however our goal! Here is a list of a few results that I feel blessed to be able to share with you so far, and this is just the beginning of us growing our network marketing business online:
- We have consistently signed up at least 5 customers every month into our network marketing company for the last six months through our online efforts!
Now remember that this is only through our online efforts! Every single month we sign up people through our warm market and the people we meet on a day to day basis as well. Now for some of you this won’t be that impressive and that’s fine, but to the average person out there, signing up 5 new people per month seems really exciting.
- We have had months personally enrolling 10 and even 15 people into our mlm business!
2 out of the last 6 months have been really exciting for us as we’ve personally added over 10 people in a month into our business!
- We have signed up business builders that have already hosted their own live events and signed up their own customers and distributors (proof that building online does not magically kill all sense of system and duplication within your team).
- We are able to build an international team! We’ve been able to target specific countries that we would like to travel to and build our business in. An example is England where we currently have 40 people signed up, 20 of which came directly from our online prospecting efforts. There is so much excitement there that we are going back in August! That’s a pretty fun business expense if I do say so myself. 😉 Here is a screenshot from our back office:
- We get fun emails from people we don’t know like this! Obviously this email is specific to our company and it’s products, but just translate this to whatever your product or offering is and you can see why we get pretty excited about building online! =)
Pretty cool right?!!! And this is just the beginning for us. I want you to feel what I feel when I get emails like that. It’s truly exhilarating. Here in a minute, i’m going to take you inside one of the funnels that is working for Seantay and I right now! You’ll see how I spent just $35 in Facebook advertising, what that ad looked like, and the results I got from it!
But first I think it’s important to give you a high level view of what tools you’re going to need to build your business online and replicate some of the results we’re getting.
First let’s cover some online tools that I think everyone in network marketing should have and use often!
Zoom is a way to do live events to teach people about your products and opportunity. You might very well be able to just get people to sign up with you using email or getting people on the phone, but remember that Network Marketing professionals understand that this is a relationship business. If you can get people face to face, you are going to create a much deeper connection. Using zoom for webinars also allows you to leverage your time teaching many people at the same time about what your MLM companies products or services.
I personally have the Pro account so that I am not limited in how long my events can be. It’s cheap, super high quality (far better for network marketers than skype, oovoo, google hangouts etc… because of all the features) and a ton of fun to use with your team. To see an entire post on Zoom including a video walkthrough of all it’s features CLICK HERE.
As you build your team I can’t stress the importance of education and communication. You need to help people stay close to the fire! The best way to insure that you have good retention with your customers is to continue to educate them about the benefits of your products. Using Aweber instead of your personal email account or your companies messaging system will help your emails actually get into inboxes instead of spam folders, as well as streamline the message creation process with some fun drag and drop features.
Perhaps more importantly for our conversation today, you need to have a way to collect emails from leads and potential prospects! Aweber allows you to store those emails as well as set up automated campaigns that will drip out content to your subscribers teaching them about your products. Aweber by far the best email service provider in my opinion. It is cheap, yet high quality and it integrates with more 3rd party services (we’ll be talking about and using some of these services below) than any other platform i’ve seen.
Tools we use to create online MLM marketing funnels
Online funnels are basically a way to turn a lead you generate online into a customer. If you have your funnel set up right, a total stranger can opt in, create a relationship with you, get educated by you and sign up in your business without you ever even meeting them in person. While you could technically set this up in a systematic way where you never talk on the phone or via zoom with your leads, I really recommend you try to create as deep of a connection as possible. The human interaction is absolutely key to your long term success. You want leads to become fans, customers, friends, sharers, builders and ultimately leaders. This will create that compounding effect on your business that we network marketers LOVE!
The main tools I use to create funnels are Facebook ads/personal posts, Leadpages, Aweber and Zoom.
*Note that you DO NOT need to have a website to create these funnels and start signing up people online. We have several different funnels that we have created around several different topics that don’t really fit with the niched themes of our websites. To get an inside look at some of our funnels you can check out our live webinar series (PS this is an example of a Leadpage).
Let me show you how these tools work together. I call this the anatomy of an online funnel:
So as you can see in the image, the basic idea is that you drive traffic to a LeadPage by creating a Facebook ad or personal post. Leadpages will then “sell” and deliver your free giveaway or “lead magnet” in exchange for a persons name and email address. Aweber integrates perfectly with your Leadpages account and stores your lead’s info. Within Aweber you can then generate an autoresponder sequence of emails that drip out over several days or weeks (as long as you would like) educating your new lead about a topic related to your companies products or service (Pro tip – make sure that your facebook ad, lead magnet/giveaway and your email sequence all relate closely to the product or service you promote).
From your email sequence you can encourage people to buy and many will! Those who don’t might need more info or a deeper connection with you. This is where Zoom comes in beautifully! Use zoom to invite your leads onto an online class or workshop to learn about your offering. Then at the end of your presentation you can answer questions and invite them to take the next step as customers!
So the tools we use in creating an online funnel are, Zoom, Aweber and lastly, Leadpages.
I use Leadpages for many different things in my business. I use it for opt in pages, lead boxes (which pulls in peoples info on your website), webinar registration pages, sales pages and much more. I love how easy it is to use.
See inside one of our simple yet successful funnels:
Check out this video to see behind the scenes of one of our most effective and profitable funnels. This funnel highlights our specific company’s products, but as you watch it, start to think of how YOU could implement this same strategy with YOUR company’s products!
***UPDATE – The day after I recorded this video I saw that the same lady actually placed another order of above $200. So that added $40 to our ROI. Pretty fun stuff =)
The Tools we Use to Build Our Websites/Blogs
My website/blog is really the hub for my online business. Your website really becomes the hub for all of your online content creation. It is a place people can come to connect with you, learn more about you, and get educated about your chosen niche. You could have a blog that focuses on a topic related to your products, a business focused blog (like mine), or a personal brand website like Seantay my wife (coming soon – i’ll post the link here when we have it live) =).
I highly discourage you from building your site on blogger, wix, wordpress.com, or any of these other free platforms out there. If you do decide to go with these options, just realize that even though they are free, they will cost you a huge headache when it comes time to upgrade. You want a fully customizable website that YOU own. So instead of building your website on borrowed land you’ll want to set it up with proper hosting, a domain, a wordpress install (this is different than wordpress.com), and a good theme. This is going to set you up for success as you grow into a network marketing professional. =)
So let’s dig in and talk about the anatomy of your website/blog and how to put it together:
JustHost for web hosting
We use JustHost for our hosting. I like that they are a slightly smaller company than some of the big players out there. It seems like they are always seeking to prove themselves and have great customer service. They are also cheaper than a lot of other hosting companies which is always a plus! I buy my domain names through JustHost. If you decide to use them you’ll also get your first domain name for free (usually around $15) and you can install WordPress onto your site for free through your hosting.
Divi as my WordPress Theme
Unless you are a professional website developer (and probably even if you are..) you’re going to want to use a customizable theme to build your network marketing niche website. I like Divi because it looks amazing, it’s easy to use, they have a TON of tutorials to walk you through all the features, and it has a cool drag and drop ability. We build all of our websites on Divi and if you have the lifetime membership you only have to pay one time for access to use it on as many websites as you would like for as long as you would like. It’s a great deal.
Let’s wrap this thing up!
So those are some of the main tools we use online to keep in communication with our team, build online funnels to sign up new customers, and create our personal brand and niche websites. I hope this has been informative for you! I love the creativity that comes with building my network marketing business online and really think that you’ll love using these tools too. If you have any questions about these or any other tools out there, feel free to reach out to me via email and I’d love to help you out.
OUTLINE of this episode of the Network Marketing Mastery Podcast:
- [0:01] Matt’s introduction to episode 9!
- [0:42] Invite to subscribe, rate and review the podcast / Go Pro books giveaway – CLICK HERE for details.
- [1:15] Invite to join the Network Marketing Mastery Facebook Group.
- [2:28] Disclaimer about building your business online =)
- [5:30] Some of our current results with our online strategies
- [7:35] What actually builds your business online / Marketing vs Prospecting online
- [9:30] List of the tools that we use to build our business online
- [10:59] Aweber as an email service provider and why you should use it
- [16:40] Leadpages and how I use it to create capture pages for my online marketing efforts
- [17:44] What a marketing funnel looks like and how they work
- [19:13] How to send traffic to your funnel
- [20:48] Tools we use to build and run our website
- [24:31] Divi is my favorite website theme
- [25:42] How to make sure people find your website
- [27:43] Paid advertising to drive traffic to your funnels and blog
- [32:48] Invite to participate in our live webinar trainings about building your business online
- [33:12] If you sign up for any of these services through our affiliate links we just want to say THANK YOU. =) I’ll use the money to take Seantay on a hot date. 😉
- [33:58] Invite to subscribe, rate and review the podcast / Go Pro books giveaway – CLICK HERE for details.
- [34:32] Invite to listen to Episode 10 where we’ll be back on the topic of Mindset.