Most of you don’t know, but Seantay my wife has a Chinese soul. =)
She has lived in China, Taiwan, we lived in Hong Kong together shortly after getting married, she has a black belt in Shaolin Chuan-fa Kempo Kung Fu AND speaks Mandarin Chinese (mostly self taught).
So we’ve had quite a bit of asian influence in our marriage and I wanted to bring to you 12 awesome ancient Chinese proverbs that I feel hold true wisdom for those of us in Network Marketing.
1. “A bad workman blames his tools”
How do you handle your failures? Many people have the tendency to blame their failure on outside circumstances.
Take ownership of your failures and you’ll be able to change and evolve to greater accomplishments.
2. “If you want one year of prosperity, grow grain. If you want 10 years of prosperity, grow trees. If you want 100 years of prosperity, grow people.”
Network marketing is all about raising up leaders behind you. Teaching others the science and the art of what we do in this profession.
If you focus on growing people over making sales, you’ll build an empire that can feed your family for generations.
3. “A single conversation with a wise man is better than 10 years of study”
Actively seek out mentors and coaches to guide you in your journey.
Looking back, I can tie every quantum leap we’ve had in our business to a teaching from a mentor or coach that I took action on.
4. “Cheap things are not good; good things are not cheap”
Don’t be afraid to invest money into your team.
Consider NOT quitting that job you despise for the first year of growing your business so you can invest more back into growing your team without worrying about finances too much.
5. “Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself.”
YOU need to turn what you know into what you do. No teacher can do that for you.
6. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Take action now.
Don’t wait to have success before you talk to that person on your chicken list.
Don’t wait to start that business until you see someone you know having success.
7. “All cats love fish but fear to wet their paws.”
If you’re hungry enough you will plow through your fears to get what you want.
You’ll realize that most fear is simply an irrational fear about something that might happen.
It’s probably more dangerous for the cat to jump into the water than it is for you to approach your friend about your business.
8. “Defeat isn’t bitter if you don’t swallow it.”
Let’s the no’s roll off your shoulder. No’s don’t need to affect you and they won’t if you don’t dwell and dwell on every time you are rejected.
9. “Don’t stand by the water and long for fish; go home and weave a net.”
If you’re not getting the results you want, go learn a new skill!
Work on yourself in some way that will bring you closer to what you want.
A great example is your warm market. If you feel like you’re running out of people to talk to, go learn how to grow your warm market or pull in leads online.
“I don’t know how” is not a good enough excuse…
10. “Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come.”
Make your customers happy and they’ll likely share with someone else. A sharer can easily become a builder when they get a check in the mail. <3
Take care of your team members and others will want to be on your team!
11. “The loftiest towers rise from the ground.”
Even the most successful out there started with no one on their team.
Start today to grow your tower. Don’t be overwhelmed by the size of others. Just lay that first brick, then the second and then the third.
12. “Find a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.” – Confucius
Classic Confucius =)
No explanation needed.
Have a great day my friend! Work on your mind! Hone your skills! Use the tools! and take MASSIVE ACTION! =)
PS if you haven’t yet downloaded my free audio training, you’re going to love it: