The Developmental Stages of a Builder in Network Marketing
Listening to this episode you’ll learn about the different stages a builder will go through as they progress in network marketing. This is important for 2 main reasons.
1. To know where your teammates are at and how best to support them in their development (as a “parent”).
2. To know where you are, so you can be humble and proactive in getting help to learn the skills you need to get to the next level.
So here is a rough volume break down to help you gauge where you’re at. (understand that these are not fixed numbers and serve more as a jumping off point to get you thinking)
Infant ———-> around 2,000 in total monthly volume
Toddler ——–> around 3,000 in total monthly volume
Child ———–> around 5,000 in total monthly volume
Pre-Teen ——> around 10,000 in total monthly volume
Teen ————> around 20,000 in total monthly volume
Young Adult —> around 40,000 in total monthly volume
Adult ————> around 100,000 in total monthly volume
Middle Age —-> hundreds of thousands in total monthly volume
Elder Adult —–> high hundreds of thousands or millions in total monthly volume.
Common developmental trends to watch for:
- We usually feel like we are older than we really are..
- Infants and toddlers using need a high level of hands on support and nurturing to “stay alive”.
- Children are capable of doing a lot more than you think on their own but may need help crossing some roads.
- Pre-teens often go through a “fire the upline” stage. 😉 Don’t be alarmed.
- Young Adults are usually capable of doing almost everything on their own.
- Adults are really good at raising children
Make sure to be the best parent you can be!
IMPORTANT DISTINCTION: If you feel like you don’t have a great parent, just realize that unlike in real life you don’t really need a parent to survive and thrive in network marketing! Even in the infant and toddler stages.
If you feel like you need more support you can always learn from aunts and uncles (cross-line leaders), or virtually learn the skills you need to grow through podcasts like mine, and other training out there.
If you haven’t already, make sure to download and listen to my free audio training: